- An Ethiopian king, prince, or feudal lord.More example sentences
- And just so that you know, the Rastafarian religion got its name from Haile Selassie, who was known as Ras, meaning ‘prince,’ and Tafari was his name.
- When Ras urges Blacks to unite, he, like Garvey, is not limiting his national movement to Harlem; he is pleading for nationalism throughout the Black diaspora.
- Iyassu, Menelik's grandson, was Ethiopian Emperor till 1917, when he was deposed by Ras Tafari.
from Amharic rās 'head'.
More definitions of RasDefinition of Ras in:
- The British & World English dictionary