- 2 another term for Remembrance Sunday.More example sentences
- On Remembrance Day the last post is followed by a period of silence, and then by the reveille - the day's first bugle-call - to symbolize death and resurrection.
- On Anzac Day and on Remembrance Day, headmaster and chaplains gave solemn little talks based, quite often, on their own service; they were often ‘returned’ men.
- Although many, busy in their commitments to the operation, were unable to attend, a modest crowd took the time to reflect on what Remembrance Day means to them.
More definitions of Remembrance DayDefinition of Remembrance Day in:
- The British & World English dictionary