Definition of Renaissance in English:
1.1The culture and style of art and architecture developed during the Renaissance.
- With the arrival of the Sforza in the mid-15th century, Milan began to develop a Renaissance style, at times directly imported from Tuscany.
- Christ stands under a Renaissance arcade with all'antica design and offers the host to his Apostles.
- The game includes a deck of 30 museum-quality playing cards and a full-color, 80-page art book, packaged in a Renaissance treasure box.
1.2 (as noun a renaissance) A revival of or renewed interest in something: rail travel is enjoying a renaissance
More example sentences
- These little plastic freaks have achieved quite a renaissance on the Web, with almost a dozen pages devoted to them.
- As a result of the Spanish Muslim impact, Tunisia experienced a renaissance in all forms of art.
- Over the past decade we have enjoyed a renaissance in the appreciation of historic performances.
Definition of Renaissance in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan