- A division of lower plants that comprises the red algae.More example sentences
- The 10 eukaryotic sequences were composed of three Metazoa (two mammals, one nematode), three Viridiplantae, one Fungi, one Rhodophyta, one Reclinomonas, and one Entomoebidae.
- Introns occur frequently within the Chlorophyta, but within the Rhodophyta, Bangia, Porphyra, and Hildenbrandia are the only genera currently known to contain introns.
- As mentioned, the clade Plantae is a bit more inclusive and also includes Rhodophyta and certain ‘green algae’ which are treated in the Eukarya section.
modern Latin (plural), from rhodo- 'rose-colored' + Greek phuta 'plants'.
More definitions of RhodophytaDefinition of Rhodophyta in:
- The British & World English dictionary