nounNorth American • trademark
- 1A desktop card index used to record names, addresses, and telephone numbers, in the form of a rotating spindle or a small tray to which removable cards are attached.More example sentences
- For the average company, hiring a trucking outfit to move finished goods or raw materials demands a phone, a pen, a Rolodex, and a trailer load of patience.
- His eyes settled on a Rolodex, nestled between the telephone and the raised edge of the desktop, and he reached for it with a soft grunt of satisfaction.
- A quick look in her Rolodex later, Chelsea punches in Danielle Nichols' cell phone number.
- 1.1 • informal A person’s list of business contacts and friends.More example sentences
- He has a platinum Rolodex of friends and contacts whose scope boggles the mind.
- The ace analysts are mostly seasoned vets with Rolodexes of industry contacts.
- Don't have a deep Rolodex full of friends who can help you get a job?
More definitions of RolodexDefinition of Rolodex in:
- The British & World English dictionary