Definition of Rolodex in English:
nounNorth American trademark
1A desktop card index used to record names, addresses, and telephone numbers, in the form of a rotating spindle or a small tray to which removable cards are attached.
- For the average company, hiring a trucking outfit to move finished goods or raw materials demands a phone, a pen, a Rolodex, and a trailer load of patience.
- His eyes settled on a Rolodex, nestled between the telephone and the raised edge of the desktop, and he reached for it with a soft grunt of satisfaction.
- A quick look in her Rolodex later, Chelsea punches in Danielle Nichols' cell phone number.
1.1 informal A person’s list of business contacts and friends.
- He has a platinum Rolodex of friends and contacts whose scope boggles the mind.
- The ace analysts are mostly seasoned vets with Rolodexes of industry contacts.
- Don't have a deep Rolodex full of friends who can help you get a job?
Definition of Rolodex in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan