adjectivechiefly • derogatory
- Roman Catholic: Romish ideasMore example sentences
- That Romish, Popeish man of sin The one you loathed so long You gather at his bidding And sing his birthday song.
- It gained new life in America, particularly among the New England Puritans determined to build a church ‘purged of Romish corruptions.’
- Nor do non-church-goers appear to have been actively hostile to religion except when it took on a Romish or ritualistic form and became linked with the abrasive relations between Irish immigrants and the host community.
More definitions of RomishDefinition of Romish in:
- The British & World English dictionary