- 1A legislative committee responsible for expediting the passage of bills.More example sentences
- As it went through the Rules Committee, the proposed bill has had its language changed from ‘cause serious harm to self or others’ to ‘engage in dangerous conduct.’
- Dreier is the Chairman of the powerful Rules Committee of the House of Representatives.
- After passage, bills go to the Rules Committee, where committee members determine whether to place the bill on the calendar to be heard before the entire House.
- 1.1 (rules committee) The body of people charged with overseeing the rules of an athletic league: the NCAA football rules committee considers unsportsmanlike acts to be the game’s no. 1 problemMore example sentences
- At some point in the near future, the National Football League rules committee will be forced to consider adding the the rule to its list of regulations.
- Under pressure, it changed its structure at the beginning of this year to admit women onto its rules committee.
- Camp was responsible for most major rules innovations as a leader of the Rules Committee, including the number of players and field dimensions.
More definitions of Rules CommitteeDefinition of Rules Committee in:
- The British & World English dictionary