- A member of a dynasty that ruled Muscovy and much of Russia from the 9th century until the death of Fyodor, son of Ivan the Terrible, in 1598. It was reputedly founded by a Varangian chief who settled in Novgorod in 862.More example sentences
- With them the policy of Russia begins with the first Ruriks, and has, with some interruptions indeed, been systematically continued to the present hour.
adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to the Ruriks.More example sentences
- Finally the Grand Dukes of Russia, through a successive line of splendid leaders and rulers of Rurik descent, had gradually defeated, conquered and subjugated.
More definitions of RurikDefinition of Rurik in:
- The British & World English dictionary