Definition of Sémillon in English:
1A variety of white wine grape grown in France and elsewhere.
- Three grape varieties are planted: Sémillon, Sauvignon Blanc, and Muscadelle.
- An essential white grape of Bordeaux, Sémillon is a golden-berried goddess, producing some of the longest-lasting white wines ever made.
- Sémillon ripens earlier in the season than most grapes and is less likely to be damaged by rains or frost.
1.1A white wine made from the Sémillon grape.
- In the great, long-lived dry whites of Graves and Pessac-Léognan Sémillon usually predominates and inspires rich, golden, honeyed, viscous wines quite unlike any Sémillons made elsewhere.
- Drinking Semillon is like drinking a tropical fruit mix topped with honey.
Definition of Sémillon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan