- A storage device containing nonvolatile flash memory, used in place of a hard disk because of its much greater speed: a decent SSD offers arguably the biggest jump in performance for your general PC experienceMore example sentences
- There are very few applications that don't benefit from an SSD.
- The 11-inch model has an SSD produced by Samsung while the 13-inch model has an SSD from Toshiba.
- 2011 is going to be the year where everyone can and should have an SSD in their computer and notebook.
1980s: abbreviation of solid state drive or solid state disk.
More definitions of SSDDefinition of SSD in:
- The British & World English dictionary