Definition of Sangiovese in English:
1A variety of black wine grape used in making Chianti and other Italian red wines.
- This is a judicious blend of Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
- The secret behind all good Chianti is the quality of its mainstay grape variety, Sangiovese.
- Made with the high-acidity Sangiovese grape, Chianti is one of few wines which will complement rich tomato sauces.
1.1A red wine made from the Sangiovese grape.
- These superior wines, just as in the case of the best Sangiovese of Romagna, have generally been marketed as vino da tavola, indicating that the DOC label in Emilia-Romagna carries few, if any, connotations of quality or character.
- Small, quaint 6 Vino Noceto produces a popular Sangiovese that you can sample in the tasting room.
- In fact, of the leading red varieties, only Pinot Noir, Syrah, Nebbiolo, Sangiovese and, at a push, Tempranillo work better on their tod.
Definition of Sangiovese in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.