- A sweet white wine from Sauternes in the Bordeaux region of France.More example sentences
- Celebrated blends of three varieties include Sémillon, Sauvignon Blanc, and Muscadelle in Sauternes, and Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Meunier in champagne.
- Many of the greatest white Burgundies and sweet white Sauternes are fermented in small oak barrels with stunning results.
- Foie gras is so lavishly rich, it tastes best with powerful beverage partners, such as an intensely sweet, high-acid French Sauternes or a late-harvest white wine.
More definitions of SauternesDefinition of Sauternes in:
- The British & World English dictionary