- A long-lived, medium-sized Eurasian pine tree extensively planted for its timber and other products. It is well established in the northeastern US and the Great Lakes region.
More example sentences
- Pinus sylvestris, family Pinaceae
- For many years, 80% of the trees the Arends raised were Scotch pines, which had to be pruned between mid-June and late July.
- Here, they wander through a moss garden, admire the carefully-pruned shrubs and Scotch pines, marvel at the fine gravel raked to represent waves and touch the large field stones.
- Red maple and Scotch pine are tolerant of wide variations in soil drainage and are found growing well on sites with soils ranging from quite dry to fairly wet.