trademark , chiefly North American
Definition of Scotch tape in English:
Transparent adhesive tape.
- Carefully secure the edges with a hot-glue gun (don't bother with Scotch tape - it won't hold!
- Do you have a tabloid sized newspaper, some Scotch tape, string, scissors and an appreciation of simple joys?
- Next, I placed the glass on top of the liner and taped it to the liner using Scotch tape.
verb(Scotch-tape) [with object] Back to top
Stick with transparent adhesive tape.
- I recognized most of them from the snapshots of the ensemble during their many previous nights at Linda's, which were Scotch-taped neatly onto a long mirror across from the bar.
- Someone had sloppily Scotch-taped a Council of Canadians flag next to his seat.
- We're not newcomers, he says, referencing a smaller hand-lettered sign that was, until recently, Scotch-taped in the bookstore window.
Definition of Scotch tape in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia