- A fluorocarbon preparation for giving a waterproof grease- and stain-resistant finish to textiles, leather, and other materials.More example sentences
- The surest way to keep your bag looking gorgeous is to have it treated with a stain resistant such as Scotchgard, either by yourself or by a dry cleaner.
- If your favorite hat isn't waterproof, spray the surface with a water-repellant fabric treatment such as Scotchgard.
- Spray the fabric with a protector such as Scotchgard before installing it on the headboard.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Treat with Scotchgard.More example sentences
- Aren't you glad you got that fabric Scotchgarded ™?
- Buy long johns, Scotchguard your jeans to waterproof them, visit a local resort, and sign up with an instructor.
More definitions of ScotchgardDefinition of Scotchgard in:
- The British & World English dictionary