noun (plural Sifrei /ˈsifrā, siˈfrā/)Judaism
- 1A book of Hebrew religious literature.More example sentences
- This is a powerful way of starting Mishnah Torah, the last Sefer in the Chumash.
- Sefer Vayikra is referred to by the name Torat Kohanim because the Sefer consists mainly of korbanot and other rituals performed by the Kohanim.
- It is framed by countings in both its opening and closing, and many (including Netziv and Ramban) have commented on this particular structure, noting that it informs us of the very essence of the Sefer.
from Hebrew sēp̱er tōrāh 'book of (the) Law'.
More definitions of SeferDefinition of Sefer in:
- The British & World English dictionary