Definition of Sesotho in English:
The South Sotho language of the Basotho people, an official language in Lesotho and South Africa, with over 5 million speakers. Also called Southern Sotho.
- The Sotho language, or Sesotho, is a Bantu language closely related to Setswana.
- While her mother tongue is Afrikaans, she speaks some Spanish and some Sesotho, learned while in Maseru.
- They translated the Bible into Sesotho, taught us how to scribble on slate to represent our language, printed books, and so on.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Sesotho.
- Then came a Sesotho song ‘Nelson Mandela a hona ya tswanang le wena.’
- I haven't been able to find an equivalent Sesotho proverb.
- At the living heritage function the Sesotho speakers will show how their food is made and explain their traditions and customs.
the name in Sesotho.
Definition of Sesotho in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan