- The Bantu language of the Tswana people, related to the Sotho languages and spoken by over 3 million people in southern Africa.More example sentences
- Her poems are crafted about the identity of black people in South Africa and she writes in Setswana and Sepedi.
- The signs are in English and Setswana - none of the Bushmen in the reserve read either of these languages.
- Ninety percent of the population is said to speak Setswana.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Setswana.More example sentences
- They gave, as a mnemonic device, new Setswana names for each of the two colors.
- At the end of each term, those who had done well would receive a prize for their efforts; an atlas, perhaps, or a Setswana Bible, or some other book which would be useful at school.
- More than four-fifths of it is made up of the Kalahari desert, and little grows in a land where water is so scarce its monetary unit is the pula - the Setswana word for ‘rain’.
the name in Setswana.
More definitions of SetswanaDefinition of Setswana in:
- The British & World English dictionary