- The female principle of divine energy, especially when personified as the supreme deity. See also Devi and Parvati.More example sentences
- Smartas worship the Supreme in one of six forms: Ganesha, Siva, Sakti, Vishnu, Surya and Skanda.
- In the Smarta sect, Surya is worshiped as a major Deity, along with Ganesha, Vishnu, Siva, Sakti and Skanda.
- Saktas refer to the Supreme as Sakti, Smartas call the Supreme Being Brahman, and to Vaishnavas He is Vishnu.
from Sanskrit śakti 'power, divine energy'.
More definitions of ShaktiDefinition of Shakti in:
- The British & World English dictionary