- 1.1 (as noun a Shangri-La) A place regarded as an earthly paradise, especially when involving a retreat from the pressures of modern civilization.More example sentences
- What is known is that it is the ever-elusive Paradise or Nirvana or Shangri-La that everyone, especially Ibn Fattouma, is searching for.
- We called it la-la land, a Shangri-La of dreams and reality.
- At the end of this conversation, inevitably, looms a Shangri-La of potential script options and development deals.
from Shangri (an invented name) + Tibetan la 'mountain pass'.
More definitions of Shangri-LaDefinition of Shangri-La in:
- The British & World English dictionary