- A small dog of a collielike breed.More example sentences
- They were amazed, upon reaching the site of the sheepdog trials, to find that those little Shetland sheepdogs and the border collies were as good at managing the sheep as any good cattle dog was at handling a herd of stray steers.
- In the course of her research for the novel, she road-tested the intelligence tests Paul used on Lorelei on her own dog, a Shetland sheepdog, who died when the book was half finished.
- The Shetland sheepdog has been embraced by dog lovers around the world and has responded to that embrace with unquestionable devotion.
More definitions of Shetland sheepdogDefinition of Shetland sheepdog in:
- The British & World English dictionary