Definition of Shoshone in English:
noun (plural same or Shoshones)
1A member of an American Indian people living chiefly in Wyoming, Idaho, and Nevada.
- The next day Lewis walked ahead with three men to find the Shoshones and horses for portage.
- Traditional Western Shoshones like Carrie Dann have been fighting to get their land back throughout most of this century.
- Cradleboards were in widespread use among Shoshones in Battle Mountain, South Fork, and Duck Valley in 1989.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Shoshone or their language.
- I thank God that my grandfather left behind such a testimony for his Shoshone people.
- But the arrival of the White people started the end of the way of life for the Shoshone people.
- In days gone by, Paiute and Shoshone Indians tried to tap the hardy trees' power by drinking their sap.
Of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with Shoshoneabalone, Albinoni, Annigoni, Antonioni, baloney, Bodoni, boloney, bony, calzone, cannelloni, canzone, cicerone, coney, conversazione, coronae, crony, Gaborone, Giorgione, macaroni, Manzoni, Marconi, mascarpone, minestrone, Moroni, Mulroney, padrone, panettoni, pepperoni, phoney, polony, pony, rigatoni, Sloaney, stony, Toni, tony, zabaglione
Definition of Shoshone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.