- 1Of, relating to, or denoting an Upper Paleolithic culture of central and southwestern France and parts of Iberia. It is dated to about 21,000–18,000 years ago, following the Aurignacian and preceding the Magdalenian.More example sentences
- This Clovis spear shaft wrench was made first by the Solutrean people - found in France and Spain.
- Some scientists believe that the Solutrean peoples were responsible for much of the cave art in Europe.
- This Solutrean biface was found during excavation in the early 1900's in a rock shelter called Le Ruth.
late 19th century: from Solutré, the site of a cave in eastern France, where objects from this culture were found, + -an.
More definitions of SolutreanDefinition of Solutrean in:
- The British & World English dictionary