Definition of Spanish broom in English:
A Mediterranean broom with fragrant yellow flowers and almost leafless stems that were formerly used in basketry.
- Spartium junceum, family Leguminosae
- Mowing is effective in controlling Spanish broom if it is followed by herbicide application.
- Beginning in the late 1930s, Spanish broom was planted along mountain highways in southern California.
- As you have observed, the Spanish broom becomes quite large and is often not given a large enough planting site.
Definition of Spanish broom in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan