noun[treated as singular]
- The national flag of the US. It has 13 horizontal stripes, alternating red and white, which represent the original Thirteen Colonies. In the upper left corner is a field of blue with 50 white stars, which represent the 50 states.More example sentences
- Yesterday bouquets of lilies, pansies and white roses adorned its steps, flanked by a union flag and the Stars and Stripes.
- Pledging allegiance to the Stars and Stripes has nothing to do with it.
- On the wall behind was hung the Union Jack and the Stars and Stripes.
More definitions of Stars and StripesDefinition of Stars and Stripes in:
- The British & World English dictionary