- A type of lightweight British submachine gun.More example sentences
- He had his Mauser rifle slung over his shoulder and I had my Sten gun ready.
- Out of frustration, he fired a few bursts of automatic fire from his Sten gun into the air.
- The following British infantry mopped up what was left of us and I reached for the sky when I found myself looking at the wrong end of a Sten gun pointed at me by a British Tommy.
1940s: from the initials of the inventors' surnames, Shepherd and Turpin, suggested by Bren.
More definitions of Sten gunDefinition of Sten gun in:
- The British & World English dictionary