nounUS • trademark
- Flammable hydrocarbon jelly supplied in cans for use as fuel for cooking stoves or chafing dishes.More example sentences
- Fondue pots are made to sit over a little can of fuel called Sterno.
- Of course my hopes that this was the end to the whole business were dashed when E. stashed me in a plywood hunting blind with a can of Sterno and some matches and said he'd be back when he heard me shoot.
- I bought some Sterno and some canned dog food, matches, instant coffee… where are we going with this?
early 20th century: from the name of Sternau and Co., New York, + -o.
More definitions of SternoDefinition of Sterno in:
- The British & World English dictionary