- On Sunday night there had been a long group discussion about what makes a great trainer.
- Mr Haigh said a couple had knocked on his door on Sunday evening asking him if he had lost a camera.
- On Sunday, the second in the series of car boot sales at Gigg Lane was a resounding success.
adverbchiefly North American Back to top
- All festival events, activities and contests still will take place Sunday at the same times they had been scheduled for today.
- Childrens multiethnic dance performances will be presented tonight and Saturday, and professional dance teams from Latin America, the Middle East, Spain, Russia, Armenia and the U.S. will appear Sunday.
- Three players on the Air Force women's tennis team wrapped up play Sunday at the CU Invitational in Boulder, Colorado.
- Services take place Sundays at 1:30 pm in the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Although there is every possibility that folks will be bored and want to play odd games, the regular, reliable game will be Sundays at 4pm.
- During the school year I work Saturdays, so I have to play Sundays.
Old English Sunnandæg 'day of the sun', translation of Latin dies solis; compare with Dutch zondag and German Sonntag.
Our names for days of the week are based on translations of Latin terms: days of the week in ancient Rome were named after the planets, a category which at that time was considered to include the sun and moon (after which Monday was named)