noun(one's Sunday best)
- A person’s best clothes, worn to church or on special occasions.More example sentences
- Everyone is dressed in their Sunday best, business attire (for men as for women) being the preferred costume.
- Instead of the white satin gown and lace veil Elizabeth had worn, Inger simply dressed in her Sunday best.
- In 1911 striking women workers from Bermondsey jam and pickle factories, dressed in their Sunday best of feather boas, went round and picketed out other workers.
More definitions of Sunday bestDefinition of Sunday best in:
- The British & World English dictionary