- (Of a hat, clothes, etc.) suitable for going to church in.More example sentences
- There's always one more cold front designed to nail folks in frilly, thin, cotton Sunday-go-to-meeting clothes and it struck right on schedule yesterday sending us back down into the fifties by day and the forties by night.
- He was attired in his dark Sunday-go-to-meeting suit, rather than his usual salt-and-pepper tweed.
- Charlie was one year older and seven inches taller than Graham, although Graham swore he was six feet tall when he had his Sunday-go-to-meeting shoes on.
More definitions of Sunday-go-to-meetingDefinition of Sunday-go-to-meeting in:
- The British & World English dictionary