- A former duchy of medieval Germany, now divided between southwestern Germany, Switzerland, and France. German name Schwaben.
- More example sentences
- Although the centre of the society's activities was Bavarian Swabia, its intention was to spread the message of Swabian uniqueness and of the necessity of self-rule to all regions of Greater Swabia.
- It would reach its climax in the following century, however, in the struggles between the popes and the Swabian emperors.
- The Stauffenbergs were members of the Swabian aristocracy and Count Alfred was Court Chamberlain to the King of Wurttemberg until the defeat of Imperial Germany in 1918.
More definitions of SwabiaDefinition of Swabia in:
- The British & World English dictionary