Definition of Tardis in English:
1A time machine.
- The Proclaimers were once asked where they would most like a Tardis to drop them in history, and expressed a wish to be flies on the studio wall while Van Morrison and the Chieftains recorded their Irish Heartbeat album.
- He said: "The Tardis can travel anywhere through space and time, so it could be going anywhere, including Swindon."
- Aunty screens the original series, when he introduced us to the joys of time travel in the Tardis.
2A building or container that is larger inside than it appears to be from outside.
- The mind is like a Tardis, far bigger on the inside that it appears on the outside.
- Though the building looks very spacious from the outside, the staff have dubbed it the Tardis in reverse, as the interior is more compact than you would imagine.
- The experimental house has been compared to a Tardis.
the name (said to be an acronym from time and relative dimensions in space) of a time machine that had the exterior of a police telephone box in the British TV science fiction series Doctor Who, first broadcast in 1963.
Definition of Tardis in:
- British & World English dictionary