Definition of Taser in English:
A weapon firing barbs attached by wires to batteries, causing temporary paralysis.
- The weapon was a taser, a stun gun that temporarily numbs your body with 50,000 volts of energy.
- There was pepper spray, tasers, stun guns, and you know, stuff like that.
- If you want to arm pilots, it would be much smarter to give them billy clubs or tasers.
verb(taser or tase) [with object] Back to top
Fire a Taser at (someone) in order to incapacitate them temporarily.
- During protests over the past two days, at least a few students were tasered.
- This year, after a 16-year-old was hit by a speeding police car, with no sirens or flashing lights, her distraught boyfriend was tasered.
- I got pepper sprayed and tasered.
1970s: from the initial letters of Tom Swift's electric rifle (a fictitious weapon), on the pattern of laser.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.