noun(the Theater of the Absurd)
- Drama using the abandonment of conventional dramatic form to portray the futility of human struggle in a senseless world. Major exponents include Samuel Beckett, Eugène Ionesco, and Harold Pinter.More example sentences
- The kinds of literary work that have been described as postmodernist include the Theatre of the Absurd and some experimental poetry.
- Their verbal and physical comedy, in which order so easily turns into chaos and sense slides into nonsense, makes them forerunners of the Theatre of the Absurd and Monty Python.
- I doubt my mother will ever see herself as a player on the stage of the Theatre of the Absurd but her talents in this area are at times unrivaled.
More definitions of Theater of the AbsurdDefinition of Theater of the Absurd in:
- The British & World English dictionary