Definition of Tibetan in English:
1A native of Tibet or a person of Tibetan descent.
- At current rates of inward migration, native Tibetans will soon become a minority.
- Thousands of local Qinghai Mongolians and Tibetans were mobilized to participate in the task.
- Such Indian hospitality, however modest, has greatly helped the Tibetans.
2The Tibeto-Burman language of Tibet, also spoken in neighboring areas of China, India, and Nepal.
- Nepali is the official language, but Rai and Tibetan are also spoken.
- To illustrate but one benefit of being educated in India, Tibetans brought up there speak fluent Tibetan - a privilege non-existent to those born elsewhere.
- He was also an accomplished linguist speaking nine foreign languages including Chinese and Tibetan.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to Tibet, its people, or its language.
- She slowly learned the Tibetan language, and gained the physical strength and stamina needed for the intensely hard work of milking, churning butter, making dung cakes, fetching water.
- Then on Saturday and Sunday, June 19-20, there will be a full program of Tibetan culture, meditation, sand mandalas and activities for the kids.
- Himalaya, a new film by author, documentarian, and National Geographic photographer Eric Valli, is finally a feature that delicately captures raw Tibetan culture.
Definition of Tibetan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan