- 1.1 [as noun, usually as adjective] The world of composers and publishers of popular music, particularly with reference to the works of such composers as Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern, George Gershwin, Cole Porter, and Richard Rodgers.More example sentences
- Under the influence of Andrew Oldham, a Tin Pan Alley apprentice who was only 19 when he followed up a tip and went to see them at the Crawdaddy club in Richmond, they had begun writing their own songs.
- Among the important factors in the rise of Tin Pan Alley was the rapid growth of vaudeville.
- Be sure to bookmark this page and return in about 10 days to read about one of the other Tin Pan Alley publishers.
More definitions of Tin Pan AlleyDefinition of Tin Pan Alley in:
- The British & World English dictionary