- A proposed tax on international financial transactions, especially speculative currency exchange transactions.More example sentences
- Critics argue that these problems make the Tobin tax infeasible.
- The French National Assembly passed a resolution in November supporting the Tobin tax on international financial speculation.
- First, the extent of avoidance will depend critically on the design of the Tobin tax.
1980s: named after US economist James Tobin (1918–2002), who first proposed this type of tax in a 1972 lecture.
More definitions of Tobin taxDefinition of Tobin tax in:
- The British & World English dictionary