Definition of Trakehner in English:
1A saddle horse of a light breed first developed at the Trakehnen stud farm near Kaliningrad in Russia.
- Katrina was very nice and her big Trakehner gelding Shadow was a terrific jumper.
- My mom was involved with organizing a celebratory performance of Trakehner horses.
- The Trakehner stallion put in a flowing and brilliant test, showing off the excellent foundation he received in Germany.
2A type of fence used in horse trials, consisting of a ditch spanned by center rails.
- The hold lasted 54 minutes, leaving two competitors to walk around in front of fence 7, an imposing Trakehner.
Early 20th century: from German.
Definition of Trakehner in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.