Definition of Traminer in English:
1A variety of white wine grape grown chiefly in Germany and Alsace.
- The word Gewürzt in German means spicy or musky, and Traminer is the grape variety.
- Of the better grapes, Muscat (red and white) was grown on the Rhine and in Alsace, Traminer chiefly in the latter.
- The varieties planted were Chardonnay, Traminer and Rhine Riesling.
1.1A white wine with a perfumed bouquet made from the Traminer grape.
- We were treated to a Chardonnay whose label escapes me as I write this, a Traminer and a Riesling from Turgovishte, a limited edition Melnik from Vinissimo and an Assenovgrad Mavrud by Maxima.
- High above the roofs, closer to the sky, enjoy a glass of Traminer.
- I ordered a bottle of Traminer first off.
named after the Italian village Termeno.
Definition of Traminer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan