Definition of Transvaal daisy in English:
A South African gerbera, grown for its large brightly colored daisylike flowers.
- Gerbera jamesonii, family Compositae
- If your budget is healthy you may also like to make beds of Transvaal daisies and gerbera.
- Also known as African or Transvaal daisies, they come in a choice of cream, orange, pink, red and yellow flowers, often measuring 3, 4 or even 5 inches across.
- Over 95 percent of grown flowers are chrysanthemums, gladiolus, tuberoses, dahlias, eustoma, Carnations, lilies, roses, baby's breath, flamingo flowers, Transvaal daisies, and bird of paradise.
Definition of Transvaal daisy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.