- The discourses of the Buddha, collected in the first century and arranged into the three divisions of sermons, monastic law, and metaphysics. Only the compilation of the Theravada school, written in Pali, survives in its entirety.More example sentences
- During the readings, the monks and the members of the public will read the Tripitaka aloud in unison.
- There are well bound Tripitakas on ola leaves written in Pali displayed in a separate bookshelf.
- They contain 84,000 articles or Tripitakas of Buddha's teachings, written in Pali with Khmer translations.
from Sanskrit tripiṭaka, literally 'the three baskets or collections'.
More definitions of TripitakaDefinition of Tripitaka in:
- The British & World English dictionary