- A sweet German white wine made from selected individual grapes picked later than the general harvest and affected by noble rot.More example sentences
- Great sweetness and finesse combine in Auslese and Trockenbeerenauslese wines produced from grapes that have been attacked by Botrytis cinerea that has developed into noble rot.
- In the dessert wine category there is Beerenauslese and the even sweeter Trockenbeerenauslese.
- The botrytis mould contributes to the unique flavours of wines such as Sauternes from Bordeaux, Beerenauslese and Trockenbeerenauslese Riesling from Germany, and an array of late-harvest wines from other regions.
German, from trocken 'dry' + Beerenauslese.
More definitions of TrockenbeerenausleseDefinition of Trockenbeerenauslese in:
- The British & World English dictionary