- An order of mammals that comprises only the aardvark.More example sentences
- This group includes modern Proboscidea, Sirenia (dugongs and manatees), Hyracoidea, Afrosoricida (tenrecs and golden moles), Tubulidentata, and Macroscelidea (elephant shrews).
- The orders Hyracoidea, Macroscelides, Sirenia, Proboscidea, and Tubulidentata were grouped into a single clade called Afrotheria.
- Among the remaining orders, rate differences were mostly not significant; only Chiroptera evolved faster than Artiodactyla and Tubulidentata, whereas Cetacea evolved faster than Artiodactyla.
modern Latin (plural), from tubule + Greek odous, odont- 'tooth'.
More definitions of TubulidentataDefinition of Tubulidentata in:
- The British & World English dictionary