- On Tuesday afternoon and evening we found ourselves gasping in horror at those images.
- I contacted an agency on the Tuesday and by the following Monday I had six people here.
- Police said the car was stolen some time on Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.
adverbchiefly North American Back to top
- Then Tuesday he's in London for a conference, but he should be home in the evening.
- They stated they would return the following Tuesday to complete the work on her roof.
Old English Tīwesdæg 'day of Tīw', a Germanic god of war and the sky; translation of Latin dies Marti 'day of Mars', the god Tīw being equated with the Roman god Mars. Compare with Swedish tisdag.
The days of the week in ancient Rome were named after the planets, which in turn were named after gods. In most cases the Germanic names substituted the name of a comparable Germanic god for the Roman god’s name
More definitions of TuesdayDefinition of Tuesday in:
- The British & World English dictionary