Definition of Turkic in English:
Of, relating to, or denoting a large group of closely related Altaic languages of western and central Asia, including Turkish, Azerbaijani, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uighur, Uzbek, and Tatar.
- Central Asia largely speaks Turkic languages.
- Kyrgyz is a Turkic language, most closely related to Kazak.
- The Uzbek language belongs to the Turkic family of languages.
nounBack to top
The Turkic languages collectively.
- Although it has borrowed many words from Arabic, Turkic, Persian, and Russian, Georgian has remained distinctive.
- Karthli is distinct from Indo-European, Turkic, and Semitic languages.
- It contains many Turkic, Persian, and Arabic elements.
Words that rhyme with Turkicsynecdochic
Definition of Turkic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan