- A German submarine used in World War I or World War II.More example sentences
- This approach would be similar to that adopted to fight German U-boats in the Second World War.
- The Royal Oak, a Royal Navy flagship, was sunk by a German U-boat in Scapa Flow off Orkney near the start of the second world war.
- Six months after Pearl Harbor, U-boats landed eight German marines on American shores for sabotage missions.
from German U-Boot, abbreviation of Unterseeboot 'undersea boat'.
More definitions of U-boatDefinition of U-boat in:
- The British & World English dictionary