Definition of Unitarian Universalism in English:
The religious denomination formed in 1961 by the merger of the Unitarians and the Universalists.
- Other panelists represented Roman Catholic Christianity, Brahma Kumari, Hinduism, Baha'i, Unitarian Universalism, Jainism, Protestant Christianity, Sikhism and Islam.
- Contemporary Unitarian Universalism has no creed and is an alternative to creed-based religions.
- One of the most striking features of Unitarian Universalism is the fact that our liberal religious movement does not impose a creed, or set of common beliefs, about spiritual matters.
Unitarian Universalist adjective
- Example sentences
- He will be in San Diego on May 9th at the First Unitarian Universalist Church, 4190 Front Street, from 7 to 9 p.m.
- This article is the text of his speech to the General Body Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations on 27th June 2003 at Boston, in the United States.
- ‘People realized that if we were going to get this bill passed, they had to tell their personal stories,’ says Jane Dwinell, minister of a Unitarian Universalist Church parish in Derby Line, a small town near the Canadian border.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia