Definition of Unitarian Universalism in English:
The religious denomination formed in 1961 by the merger of the Unitarians and the Universalists.
- Other panelists represented Roman Catholic Christianity, Brahma Kumari, Hinduism, Baha'i, Unitarian Universalism, Jainism, Protestant Christianity, Sikhism and Islam.
- Contemporary Unitarian Universalism has no creed and is an alternative to creed-based religions.
- One of the most striking features of Unitarian Universalism is the fact that our liberal religious movement does not impose a creed, or set of common beliefs, about spiritual matters.
Unitarian Universalist adjective
- Example sentences
- He will be in San Diego on May 9th at the First Unitarian Universalist Church, 4190 Front Street, from 7 to 9 p.m.
- This article is the text of his speech to the General Body Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations on 27th June 2003 at Boston, in the United States.
- ‘People realized that if we were going to get this bill passed, they had to tell their personal stories,’ says Jane Dwinell, minister of a Unitarian Universalist Church parish in Derby Line, a small town near the Canadian border.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.