Definition of V-neck in English:
1A neckline of a garment, having straight sides meeting at a point to form a V-shape.
- Choose pullovers with a small V-neck that draw the eye down, rather than a round neck, which creates a broader shoulder line.
- One of London's faves this season is a V-neck sweater with shirt collar and sleeves sewn on but no actual shirt underneath.
- The V-neck style also has extensive tonal stitch detail.
1.1A garment with a V-neck.
- Gold wash jeans look amazing with solid colored button-down shirts, V-necks and crew necks.
- Whether they are haute couture, designer trousers, or ripped jeans, V-necks can be tucked in or left out of pants, to create the perfect look.
- Whether you're wearing a blazer or a leather jacket, a shirt such as a turtleneck, mock neck, V-neck, or crew neck all look great.
- Example sentences
- Devlin fitted himself into a pair of Levi jeans, a wide V-necked black silk shirt, and a pair of suede brown shoes.
- She admired Faith's outfit, a light blue silky V-necked blouse setting off her magnificent tan, the simple white skirt making her look tall.
- Versace's lean, muscled models paraded long V-necked tunics embossed with glittering beading, worn over jeans.
Words that rhyme with V-neckbreakneck • bottleneck
Definition of V-neck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan