Definition of Virginia bluebell in English:
A North American woodland plant of the borage family, bearing nodding, trumpet-shaped blue flowers. Also called Virginia cowslip.
- Mertensia virginica, family Boraginaceae
- You can fill in between the plants with daffodils, Virginia bluebells, or annuals.
- As the foliage of Virginia bluebells goes dormant in summer it will be covered by the hosta or fern leaves.
- You may even have the earliest-blooming flowers such as the Virginia bluebell bloom before the shrubs are in leaf.
Definition of Virginia bluebell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan