- A North American woodland plant of the borage family, bearing nodding, trumpet-shaped blue flowers. Also called Virginia cowslip.
More example sentences
- Mertensia virginica, family Boraginaceae
- You can fill in between the plants with daffodils, Virginia bluebells, or annuals.
- As the foliage of Virginia bluebells goes dormant in summer it will be covered by the hosta or fern leaves.
- You may even have the earliest-blooming flowers such as the Virginia bluebell bloom before the shrubs are in leaf.
More definitions of Virginia bluebellDefinition of Virginia bluebell in:
- The British & World English dictionary