Definition of Virginia stock in English:
A low-growing, sweetly scented plant with white, pink, or lilac flowers, native to the Mediterranean and cultivated elsewhere.
- Malcolmia maritima, family Brassicaceae
- Try Virginian stocks, and lavatera, and sunflowers, which all give a really pretty display of flowers.
- The name gillyflower is also used for the Virginia stock, the wallflower, and for the carnation of the pink family.
- Low growing annuals such as pansy. violas. alyssum and dwarf Virginian stock are a beautiful accompaniment to bulbs and practical as well.
Definition of Virginia stock in:
- British & World English dictionary